Office Manager and Bookkeeper
MassBudget is seeking a well-organized, dynamic Office Manager and Bookkeeper who is committed to our mission: producing non-partisan policy research, analysis, and data-driven recommendations focused on improving the lives of low- and middle-income children and adults, strengthening our state’s economy, and enhancing the quality of life in Massachusetts. The Office Manager and Bookkeeper plays an important role supporting MassBudget's team of 13 staff people by making sure the office runs efficiently and effectively.
MassBudget conducts rigorous policy research, always with an eye towards presenting our work in ways that are accessible to and easily used by grassroots organizations, the media, policy advocates, policy makers, and anyone else working to make life better in our Commonwealth. We have an annual operating budget of a slightly over $1 million. We are the Massachusetts affiliate of several national networks including the State Priorities Partnership, the Annie E. Casey Foundation's Kids Count network, and Economic Analysis and Research Network.
The Office Manager and Bookkeeper, who reports to the MassBudget Vice-President, will be responsible for:
- Bookkeeping, including paying bills, making deposits, and proactive management of MassBudget bank accounts.
- Managing and processing payroll and benefits (a 401(k) plan, health/dental/FSA plans, etc.)
- Helping to maintain financial records, entering data into QuickBooks, preparing for the annual internal audit, preparing any needed financial reports.
- Maintaining and updating various internal policies and procedures manuals and instruction sheets.
- Maintaining the office space, facilities, equipment, and supplies, and overseeing purchasing and repairs.
- Researching ways to improve MassBudget policies, procedures, and systems.
- Contributing to development work by processing donations, assisting with fundraising campaigns, etc.
- Assisting with the release of reports by converting Word documents into HTML format and maintaining email distribution lists.
- Coordinating the process for reporting lobbying-related activities on state and federal forms.
- Assisting with event-planning logistics.
- Providing other administrative support, including scheduling meetings, as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Very strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage deadlines effectively.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Experience working with basic software such as Excel and Word, and experience with or comfort learning to use QuickBooks and various web-based platforms (such as Network for Good, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Experience working with HTML a plus.
Salary and Benefits
The position is 75 percent time. Salary is around $37,500 (pro-rated from $50,000 for full time position) based on qualifications and experience. MassBudget provides generous benefits including health care, vacation, and a 401k plan.
How to apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Mary Tittmann, Vice-President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put
YOUR NAME, Office Manager Position in the subject line. The application is open until filled. MassBudget has a strong commitment to diversity. We encourage applications from persons whose background and experiences will increase the diversity of our organization.